The White Rock Neighborhood Association
We will hear updates from the White Rock Lake Task Force, including the Dredging Task Force.
October 10, 2019, 7:00 p.m
Ridgewood-Belcher Recreation Center
Intersection of Trammel & Fisher Roads
Interested in becoming more involved?
Send an e-mail to president (at) wrna (dot) org if you would like to
serve on the WRNA Board of Directors.
A Letter from the President
December 17, 2018
The White Rock Neighborhood Association serves as a voice for the 825 households along the west side of White Rock Lake. Bounded by Mockingbird Lane on the north, Williamson Road on the west, and the shore of White Rock Lake on the east, WRNA is an all-volunteer organization that works to protect the scenic beauty, tranquility, and quality of life for our neighborhood.
I hope you will consider membership in WRNA for 2019 – we need a solid membership base and your active participation. Annual dues of only $20 entitle your household to full membership privileges. Member dues paid by January 31 entitle you to vote in our elections at our annual meeting on Thursday, February 21, 2019. We also invite you to consider participating as an officer or Board member in 2019; nominations for all offices are now open and vacancies are available.
Here are some of the things we have been doing, and will continue to do in the coming year:
· Increasing neighborhood awareness of public safety issues
· Monitoring and helping to plan White Rock Lake Park initiatives through the White Rock Lake Task Force
· Monitoring construction of the East Dallas Veloway (a/k/a Southern Pacific Trail) that is under way in our neighborhood
· Assisting our members in responding to zoning, platting, and Board of Adjustment cases in and near the neighborhood
· Standing ready to address neighborhood challenges as they arise
· Providing informative programs on topics of interest to the neighborhood
· Forwarding information to our members on important topics like the rabid bat incidents and the Gaston/Garland/Grand intersectional improvements
We have much to do to help keep our neighborhood among the best places to live in the City of Dallas, and need your membership renewal and your involvement to make it happen.
Please plan to attend our 2019 Annual Meeting on Thursday, February 21, 2019, at 7:00pm, at Ridgewood/Belcher Recreation Center. We hope to see you there.
P. Michael Jung
WRNA presents the neighborhood news!
WRNA Meeting Schedule
February 21, 2019 Election of Officers and General Meeting
October 10, 2019 General Meeting
Unless noted otherwise, meetings are held at 7 p.m. at the Ridgewood Belcher Recreation Center located at the intersection of Fisher and Trammel roads.